Sunday, June 10, 2007

WSOPoker Days 8, 9, 10 - $2500 HORSE Event #16

Boring blog Not too much to report here.

After a few days to process my cash, I don't think there was a damn thing I coulda done to win that bracelet. I coulda saved a bet here and there, but at the end it all just wouldn't have mattered. My bad play on day two was compensated by some run good, and even if I had played perfectly on day two, I still think I finish where I did.

The key hand came on the 40k-80k level heads up. There were just over 2mil in chips in play, meaning that there were only 25 big bets in play - kinda sick when playing for that kind of money and that kind of prize.

I raised the button with the A A Q 9 and was called by my opponent on the BB. We were pretty close to chips at this point and I had all the momentum, recently closing the gap from 2-1 down to even. The flop came K T 3 . He bet, I raised, he called. The turn came the A , and I was pretty sure I liked that card. He checked, I bet, he raised, and I decided to 3-bet - possibly a mistake, but my thinking was that even if I did not have the best hand, I had to have 19 outs to make the winner and probable scooper, and if not I would get a much better read on his hand. QJ was the only hand that beat me and I don't like missing bets. Anyways, he 4 bet me and I quickly called. The river brought a brick low card, he bet, I said, "This is sick," and finally called knowing that I was beat.

I know the call was bad. There was prob a 2% chance that I was good there, but I had to call for life-tilt value. If I mucked there and he showed me a bluff, I probably would have jumped off the stratosphere. He had the KQJ5, and even had the K high draw crushing 9 of my outs... bad beat. I still fought hard from there but couldn't ever recover from that hand that had half the chips in play in the pot.

He caught a hella good run of cards from four handed on and there wasn't anything I could do to overcome it. Because of that, I'm actually quite content in my second place finish, knowing that there isn't anything I could have done to take first. Oh well... two WSOP career cashes, two seconds. Not too bad..

Today I played the $2500 HORSE event, and I was super excited for this. I got an excellent table draw, made it to the first break with a few more chips than starting, and then my vehicle fell off a cliff, and I played $2500 "Devo Can't Win." Nothing I could do.

Tomorrow is the $5k Limit Hold'em World Championship, the event I am most excited for this year.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com