Friday, June 01, 2007

2007 WSOPoker, Day 0

Electricity is in the air! Well today I made my way down to the Rio to the convention area where they hold the World Series of Poker for the first time since early August last year. So many memories flowed over me like magic water and my excitement for this year's Series finally matured. They weren't even open yet, which was quite disappointing since I was planning on pre-registering for a few events, but everything was set and ready to go.

After much negotiations I have finally settled on my schedule this year. I am playing 20 events all $2500 or less and most likely the main event. If I do well I am sure that I will be playing some other events, and in the meantime I will be playing some of the Venetian and Bellagio events as well. Tomorrow I am playing the first Venetian event, $500+40 NLHE, and then Saturday I am playing the WSOP event #3, $1500 NLHE.

Meanwhile, since I returned from the river, I have been running around pretty good taking care of things and hanging with people that have been coming into town. Tuesday when I got back I immediately went in for the radio show with holdemradio.com and hit it out of the park. It was my first time ever doing anything like that, and I felt like and all the feedback I have received indicates that I did very well. It was a ton of fun and they gave me an open invitation to return. Then on Wednesday I headed in to meet some good friends that were in from out of town. I hung out with Dutch Boyd, Justin West, Andrew Chapman, and his roommate Joel. The night consisted of a $125 tourney at the Mirage, dinner at Capo's, mud wrestling at Gilley's, and 1-3 NL at the Wynn. Good times were had by all.

Thursday I continued on my new online qwest. About two weeks ago I came across a little more than $500 in affiliate money that I had on Full Tilt. I was like, sweet! Something to do while bored. I played a ton of hands at .50/$1 NL, got bored, and played 15-30. Long story short, I have a little over $3100 on there now. I now have a new goal for laziness at home and that is to run that account up to $10k and freeroll the main event. If I can't get to 10k I'll play a bunch of the satellites and go from there. Should be fun!

So, this is what the entire tournament season comes down to... the World Series. I'm pumped, I am very confident, I have a great feeling, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next seven weeks have in store for me.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com