Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Poker, Day Off, 2.5 Months of AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

blah blah, blah blah blah, blah. I just completed four days of work good for a net loss of about $400, winning three days of 30-60 and having one huge losing day of 5-10. Here are some of the highlights:

Friday: 6 hous of 30-60. Up 1500 in first two hours, up $115 four hours later when I quit. That was annoying. After that a bunch of us went bowling like the high rollers we are at the Orleans, and I was definately the bowling fish that night. Friedberg hustled me out of five bucks, Sebok won my five bucks, and Ships bowled terribly and still earned my five bucks.

Saturday: 6 hours of 30-60. Down $500, up $500, down $1k, quit up $1k. After that I headed ot Half Shell to kick it with Jared and one of the more amusing series of events I have ever experienced in a bar occured. I was sitting next to Jared playing video poker just laying low. Karaeoke was playing upstairs and it was packed. Pretty lookin female sits in the chair next to me, pulls her walled out of her purse, and fishes out a $20. I acknowledge her with a smile and return to my game. She's buying a drink. Nary a word is spoken. By the time I glance in her direction again she stands up, looks me dead in the eye, flips me off, walks away, SMACKING me in the back good and stiff, and heads towards the door.

"What the hell was that all about?!?" I "ask" her as I stand up out of my chair.

No response. She's out the front door.

That was weird. Jared and I get a good kick out of it.

Two minutes later a cabbie comes up next to us and asks the bartender that he's there for "Julie". No Julie nearby. Nick checks upstairs, comes downstairs, talks to a guy, runs up to Jared and I, says, "Jared! Watch my bar!" and runs out the front door.

I have to follow. By the time I get there I see the same girl across the street having a slap fight with a guy. Aparrently she played frogger and stood in front of traffic and that guy pulled her out of the way. Nick called 911, he split, I wandered across the street to make sure that she didn't play any more "Frogger: The Home Game," and hung out until the police showed up. They asked me some questions, asked her some questions, made sure that I wasn't beating her up or trying to rape her, and then arranged for her to get a ride home. Weird.

Sunday: I made it into the Bellagio and decided that I today I was going to play 5-10 Unlimited Hold-Them. Oops. I lost my first $500 slow, the second $500 in one hand that I got rivered on, and the third and fourth $500 in one hand that played out really weird but it would have been tough to not go broke in any way that I played it. I saw a flop with A5o from the big blind seven ways. It came 553 rainbow. Checked all the way around to the button who decided to bet twenty dollars. That was werid. SB called, and I decided to just call. Five of us saw the turn card, $170 in the pot. It was a T, completing the rainbow. SB bets $80. Getting weirder. I decided to just call again feeling that I was significantly ahead still. Call, call, and the button made it $180. What the heck does that mean? SB calls. $770 in the pot, my turn, $100 to call, I have a little over $900 in my stack having all players covered, but it's all within a hundred dollars. I've got the best hand, enough screwing around, I'm all-in.

UTG+1 calls. Sweet! This is his fifth hand played, he's already stuck $1k when he stacked off in his first hand with top pair very small kicker on a dangerous board.

Next guy folds.

Button, who I'm pretty sure is the one with the other five, thinks for a while. Sweet! He's not boated! He finally gets the clock called on him and then calls.

SB, who I thought had checked out of the hand, says, "I call too." He tables 33. Ouch!

Then the guy to my left tabled TT. Where the heck did that come from? Pre-flop? Flop? Turn? Huh?!?

Button tables K5. Well, at least I wasn't in last place. But for the love of all the Seboks in a tree, I was drawing dead!

Oh well. I went home, rallied the boys, and we played shuffleboard for the night.

Monday: 30-60. I got buried for $1600 pretty quickly, went on a bit of a rush and quit up $550. I took some pretty "what the?!?" beats, but felt that I played really well. These beats were a big part my playing well as my opponents were having a tough time playing against me and I frustrated several of them pretty good. They were just super confused.

Tomorrow: Lake day. Whooo!

Wednesday through a midsummer night's eve: tourneys, tourneys, tourneys! Mirage Poker Showdown, Mandalay Bay WPT event, the things called the World Series of Poker, the Bellagio Cup III, and the Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza II. Goal: Win one major event. It's gonna be busy busy busy!

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com