Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mirage Poker Showdown Event #2, $500+40 Limit, End of Day One

Final Table Time Baby! After a great day on the lake Tuesday I strolled into the Mirage Wednesday to play in the $500+40 limit hold'em event. 199 players entered the event, and after 12.5 hours of play we are down to the final nine. We are playing for a $38k first prize and I like my chances. I have 54.5k in chips good for fourth in chips and the leader has 66k. The structure is very good and there is enough room for play.

Getting there was a ton of fun. I ran very well throughout the day making a ton of hands without having too many big hands pre-flop. I never had aces, KK once and lost, QQ twice both good... but I made a ton of hands with the random hands that I found myself in pots in. In limit tournaments I play a lot of hands and my success often depends on making hands with those random cards.

I did something that I've never seen or heard of before. I open-raised with KJ in back to back hands and flopped the nuts both hands and got paid off to the river on both hands. First flop KKJ, turn K, river x, called down the whole way, second hand flop 9TQ, I got check-raised, I 3 bet, and got paid off the whole way by QT. The second was the nuts by the river as well. Ever heard of that?!? Me neither.

So, I need to go to bed as the final table starts in less than 11 hours, but you will get a full report here tomorrow! If you're around the Mirage tomorrow afternoon, stop by, say hello, and give me some sweat!

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com