Friday, May 11, 2007

Mirage Poker Showdown Event #4, $1500+80 NLHE

At least I was out quick enough to go to the lake! Not too much to talk about here.

1st hand: Limp w/22 for 50, next player makes it 325, I folded. 4k in starting stack.
2nd hand: Limp with K Q . Later player raises to 125, we see flop heads up. It comes all rags. I check, he checks, and I decide that I am check-raising any non-threatening turn. It comes 9 putting two spades on board. I check, he bets 200, I raise to 500, he calls. OK fine, he's on a flush draw. River Jx, I bet 700, he calls with J9. Oops... good read on flop though!

About four hands later UTG raises to 175, Men the Master calls in UTG+1, and I make it 700 with AKo in the next position. The original raiser pondered for a long time, asked me if I was bluffing again, and re-raised the minimum-ish. Men put all his chips in the middle. This was the first hand he was dealt period. I put my last 1500 into the pot and see myself up against AA and JJ. Flop TJQ and it held up :-). Nice. Up to 7100.

Two hands later: Men opens to 175, I re-raise to 575, he goes all-in for 3275, and I call with my kings. He had AK, and an A hit immediately on the flop.

Then, I didn't do anything for an hour, got short, doubled up with QJ on a J high flop, lost some chips, and went into the first break with 4200.

First 10 minutes back I see a flop from the SB for 500 with A Q . Flop 762 one spade. I check, he bet 700, and I called. I read him for ace high at best. Turn 7 , I bet 1100 (probably should have just went all-in at this spot... I only had 2900 in my stack going into the turn), and my opponent put me all-in. I still really didn't think he had anything so it was a pretty easy call for me. He had AK! Wow! Not sure if he had a read or was just spewing, but it sure looks like he had a read! River bricked out and I was sent packing. Oh well.

Tomorrow is the $2k+100 NLHE event. Hopefully things will go a little better this time!

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com