Friday, May 11, 2007

Mirage Poker Showdown Event #2, $500+40 Limit, MY End of Day 2

Yep... I took as bad as I possibly could have expected Long story short, I took fiftth.

Good news: We made a percentage adjustment at five handed that gave an extra two percent of the prize pool to firth and fourth, and an extra one percent to second and third while taking six percent off of first. Thus, for the second time in my career, I got the best of a deal/save.

Bad news: I took fifth.

Honestly, not a damn thing I could have done. Here's the key hand: I open raise from the cutoff six handed with the J T , and get called by the button and BB. Flop K 9 2 . Check, I continue, button raises, BB folds, and I peel a card. At the start of this hand I had about 75k and was right up there in top three and we kept trading off the "chip leader" title.

Turn gin: Q .

Check, he bets 4k, I raise to 8k, he calls.

River: Worst card in the deck. J . I still bet because I had him squarely on a Kx, and so what if he had KT, cause then we chop it up.

He raises.

I say, "Really?" But, I cannot fold at this point. I call, and he show me K T and scoops the 80k pot, the biggest one I saw the entire tournament.

Classic suck/re-suck, but still... No possible way it goes more expensive for me, even if it flops KTT, although I suppose it could have come that flop and turned a J... but... arrgh.

From there I could never recover. I re-built to 60k, and then went downhill from there, losing with an overpair to trip tens on a TT8 flop (I had JJ) and I finally busted with the A 3 when I saw the ATT flop vs. T 8 and got all-in on the turn. Oh well...

Today: 1500+80 NLHE event #4, and I need to go to sleep for that!

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com