Monday, June 04, 2007

WSOPoker Day 4, Event #6, $1500 LHE

I got Madsened Another frustrating day. I arrived twenty minutes late because I had to have a smoothie on the way in. Within the first thirty minutes I had managed to lose 1800 of my 3k starting stack at the 25-50 level in limit . That isn't too hard for me though if you've ever played a limit event... I play LOTS of hands, but I also managed to run into two sets in that period.

Then, I finally started making hands and the jedi mind tricks started working when I had jack crap and my stack vaulted to 5425 by the first break. Coming back I climbed to 7625 just before level four and was reported as being fourth in chips. I was fired up, ready to finally bring everything together. I lost two pots with medium pairs on bad flops, won one small pot, and then didn't win a hand for the last 45 minutes of level 4. I went into the break with 5225 - still fine, still able to play my game.

Level 5 I dropped quickly losing a bunch of small to medium pots simply running into unfortunate situations. I lost two big pots to Rafe Furst, one which I opened with 67o, got six way action, flopped 754, went four bets with Rafe in position, called his turn bet and folded to his river bet on overcards. Then I opened with AQ, got 3 bet by Rafe, check raised the Q high flop, bet the x turn, got raised, I called, river went check-check and he won with AA. Down to 3k.

Then I went on the tear chipping back up and got all the way back to 6500. Twice I 3 bet an over aggressive player with 99 and TT and twice flopped AJx, and both times he had Ax. Arrgh. Then Jeff Madsen got moved to my table, and that was the end of the road for me.

He made flushes in close to 5k pots that we were heads up in, once on the river, once on the turn, and I was crippled to 1300. He was sneaky on the one he made on the turn and just called my bet when I was holding top pair. I might have been able to get away from the hand if he popped it there, but I rivered two pair and simply could not lay down when he popped my river bet. NH. I couldn't ever recover and was sent packing just in time for dinner.

Tomorrow is the $1500 Omaha 8 or better event at 5pm. ONE TIME... that's all I'm asking.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com