Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Rincon WSOP-C $5k Main, FTP $1k monday

Devo's not busto anymore! Gotta give it to the money factory. I'm officially unbusto and actually at 5 digits again for the ol roll. More to come on that later, first lets go over the Rincon main event that I just bustoed out of.

First off, I get a great table draw with fish like Theo Tran, Brandon Cantu, and Gavin Smith who were 2, 3, and 4 ro my right respectively. Anna Wroblewski was in the three seat, Gavin knew the guy in the 4 seat, seat two was meh, and the guys to my right and left were horrible. Naturally these two are the ones that I lost all my chips to :-). First big/weird hand, I open to 200 UTG at 25-50 (we started with 20k in chips) and was called in the BB by the bad player who had already spewed/loose called his stack down to 7k. Flop KJ9r, he checks, I bet 275, me makes it 1k quickly with 5400 behind. Weird spot, I decided to just call with my position. Turn a brick, and the guy quickly jams all-in for like 5400 in to the 2500 in the pot. LOL. I tank and fold. I had him on J9 and he later confirmed it in the restroom.

Go into break with 17k. Come back we're playing 100-200/25 (why do we play 25-50, 50-100, then 100-200/25? WTF?!? Start with 50-100 and go to 100-200. Oh yeah, they skipped 150-300 also, straight to 200-400/50). Gavin opens from mid pos for 525, I call in the SB with 3 3 , donkey in the big blind calls. Flop A 2 3 , I bet 1100, donkey calls, Gavin calls. Turn T . Checking's horrible, but I obv don't like that card, but I have like 13k at this point, there's 5k in the middle, I'm getting it in. I bet 2800, donkey thinks, is deciding between calling and raising but doesn't feel too strong and calls, Gavin mucks. River I bet 3275 or my 10k remaining and donkey insta jams, and now he looks like he has the nuts. I tank, muck, and he shows me the A 7 . So, I nurse a short stack, shove on Anna's big blind with 57o and pick up the blinds, then get it in with Gavin AQo v AKo and I lose. Oh well. No worries at all, not a damn thing I could have done. It's not easy to do well in tourneys with winning 3 small pots in 4 hours and running into two bigger hands than my big hands.

So, last night I reg'd for the 100r, 55k, 100k, and tilt 1k monday. After about 90 minutes I was out of three of em and not happy at all with my play or how things were going. But, I built a stack in the 1k, blinded off to short around 50, and then basically short stack ninja'd my way into 3rd place. I had one brutal beat and one gross suckout, but other than that nothing too exciting. I was really proud of my play as there is not a single way that I could have finished better than I did, but there were many spots that I avoided that would have busted me sooner. The final table was very tough, but I never once had a good hand or opportunity to pick up chips more significant than the blinds. I had KK once and got the blinds, everything else was absolute rags, and my table position sucked with three shorties to my right and four big stacks to my left with me right in the middle. At one point there were 4 of us with less than 10bb's, and without cards I navigated my way into 3rd for $47k. Clear 25k in make-up, advance ship $5k to Devo, still up 10k on backers. I also got paid back $2k that was owed to me, plus $100 from Gavin in a prop bet, plus $1250 from Theo (not paid) and oh, by the way, he took 4th last night. Life is so much better notching Theo. I re-raised him 4 times, he folded every time like the little nit. So, that plus $2500 from cash games and we're back in the black baby!

I'm pretty proud to have gone busto one month ago and have a bankroll higher than I have had since October now. And I bet y'all are happy to read a winning blog for once too, eh?

Anyways, FTOPS starts tomorrow, so I'll be playing online for the next couple of weeks, and then I launch a pretty intensive live+online schedule. I'm playing almost every Sun-Wed online and almost every Th-Sat live between the Venetian Deep Stacks, Wynn Classic, Reno World Poker Something, and Bellagio 5 star in April. I'm feelin good and glad to be finally winning again.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com