Saturday, February 02, 2008

Motorcycles to the Money Factory

..... I had a pretty surreal experience today as I rode Ol Blue (my motorcycle) south on the 15 Freeway through Escondito and into San Diego. In August of 2005 I rode my old bike down here from Kernville for a couple of days off from the river and never made it back. I crashed on the on-ramp to the 15 on my way back to my friends house (with her on the back) as we were headed home from an evening at Harrah's, Rincon. You can read the blog I wrote about that experience here... it's a deep/controversial one LOL. It's some weird triumphant symbolism to ride past that place, esp when I rode past the hospital, but I think it will be a nice victory when I am actually able to ride a motorcycle out of San Diego for the first time.

I decided to ride this time since it's February and that lets me pretend that it's almost springtime, and I just finished Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman's book, "The Long Way Round." It's a story about their 4 month motorcycle ride from London to New York City, headed East. All the way across Europe, Mongolia, Siberia, fly to Anchorage, across Canada to Montana and over to NYC. Epic trip and I have always been itchin to do something like it. Fuller and I are talking about riding the Pan-American Highway (Anchorage to Patagonia, Argentina). So, why not ride 400 miles rather than drive?

Yeah. I'm still sitting in most of my cold weather gear as I am thawing from that ride. But it was awesome.

I'm down here under the excuse of the Harrah's Rincon WSOP-C main event. I start a pretty intensive live schedule on Tuesday taking me all the way through the end of April hitting here, the Venetain Deep Stacks in Feb, the Wynn Classic and Reno events in March, and the 5 star in April. I didn't realize until this week how long it's been since I've played a live tournament (not counting the Viejas thing in Dec, but that was the official last time I played live). I'm pretty dang excited to play some live donkaments.

I thought I would have more to write. I don't. I will soon I'm sure :-).

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com