Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas on the Beach

Good week in the money factory Well, I realized my greatest fear this week. I went broke. Not like I can't buy myself lunch broke, but I ain't got no stake broke. I no longer have a bankroll that can support any sort of game that I can make any sort of living at. It's been a long work in progress really. Y'all know how badly I have been running since June overall. I went on something like an $80k downswing. November was my first winning month since July with the online tournaments, but the check that I got from Full Tilt last week got instantly spent on bills and paying back debt. Sooooooooo... I knew money was gonna be tight, but with being backed online I wasn't too worried about it. Then, while playing cash games on my own money online monday through wednesday, I ran uber poorly and lost $3k playing 1-2 NL and PLO. Wednesday night I took fourth in the stars 109 25k guarantee, but it was only for $4k or so, so not nearly enough to catch me up on the week.

Broke. Busto. It's really not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. For the longest time I swore that if I ever went broke that I was quitting poker for good. I foresaw going broke like the first time I went broke in Jan 04. Back then I had to raid couch cusions to come up with enough change to walk to burger king and buy something off the 99 cent menu.

But this time it's not even close to that. I have so much stupid shit that I've bought over the last four years of being a professional that I could sell just the things I don't really use and have a healthy 30-60 bankroll (I should get around to selling some of those things really, so if anybody's interested motorcycles, jet skis, tv's, or firearms, lemme know. LOL.).

Plus, I look back at the accomplishments that I've had in poker, and I know I'll be fine. I just have to work harder in the next few months and get that bankroll back.

So, Thursday we were all out at the club, and Billy and Dave offer to stake me in cash games. I accept, we work out an agreement, and Friday afternoon Billy and I sit down to our first session. I'm playing 2-4 NL online for em. First hand? AKo in the BB, we flop broadway, we stack some dude. I ended up making $2k on the day yesterday, so that's very very very helpful.

Anyways, speaking of Thrusday night, I lost my cell phone (again). Sorry if you've been trying to get a hold of me...

What else. Kart racing. Wednesday night four of us from the house met up with sponger at this indoor go-kart track to do some racing. We were expecting Bullwinkles, we got Daytona. It was SICK! It cost us $25 (which included a head sock LOL). We got out on the track and found that these were not amusement park bumper cars, but like those crazy fast KARTs. We wore our head socks with racing helmets and were assigned our go-karts. These were linked to our names which they got from the waivers and then put up on the scoreboard.

Time out. Dave is playing sixteen 1-2 NL games on stars right now. I've never seen that and it's just sick.

OK. So, after all the customary rules and the warnings to not bump, we were off for a five minute qualifying period. There were ten of us in this race and our goal was to put up the fastest lap time in those five minutes. I got second in that endeavor, losing to sponger, the only dude that had done this before. That was good because it pretty much guaranteed my victory in our four way side bet. We then had ten minutes to race, and it was sick. My arms are still sore and it's Saturday.

I'm tired of writing.

Wait, I just thought of something. I know that there's gonna be people who are going to read this and be like, what a busto idiot he sucks blah blah blah. Yep, I'm busto, yep, I made some money management mistakes, but frankly I don't want to hear about it from anybody. I wrote about it here because it's my blog and writing helps me process things. Learn from my mistakes. Don't tell me I'm an idiot, because that's information I already have :-).

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com