Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Huge chip lead FTP 20r 9 left and the rest of day WTF?!?

badbeatninja ftw sweeeeeeat

I ended up taking third in this tourney which was pretty disappointing, but there wasn't a dang thing I could do otherwise. I played one weird hand with 77 out of the small blind that I hate but I can't figure out what to do that's better. I hate all options. Maybe donk the flop? Anyways, check it out here.

So after dropping off the hitchhiker yesterday Jared and I headed to Nick and Ian's house, some old friends that I've kept in touch with ever since high school. Casey was there also. We loaded five mountain bikes and helmets into Jared truck and drove up to the top of a mountian. We saw a doe mule deer on our hike up, and that was pretty cool for 11am in southern california. I was psyched for this ride. I used to guide mountain biking trips in Colorado and this was my first real opportunity since then to ride. So, in one of the first sections, I came into a corner hard (not out of control...) and lost the front wheel traction and then the bike. I suppose I shouldn't have tried to ride as hard as I used to after four years and on a bike that I don't know. OOPS! I got a sweet abrasion on my forearm, one of those annoying ones that are so shallow that they don't scab but they always sting. I got an ok one on my right knee, and sweet ones on the heel of my palms from breaking my fall. I still haven't picked out all the pieces of dirt.

We rode the bikes all the way back to Nick's house, prob a 12 mile total distance trip. We chilled for a bit, and then the five of us headed to the local pitch and putt par 3 course. I played barefoot and bad but had a great time while losing $10 in total bets. Back home, shower, and then again pile into Jared's truck to head down to Temecula where a bunch of other buddies were. I was pretty tired from the day and elected to be the DD. Man, that was the drunkest I've ever seen my group of friends as a whole. It was half hilarious and half annoying. I got everybody back home safe somewhere around 3:30 am.

Today was an excellent day. I got picked up for all my online action with a really sweet deal. It's a great relief in the finance department and has instantly allowed me to play better and with more confidence. I was super stoked with my play in the four tournaments I played and really should have booked a bigger win, but as it is with tournaments, luck plays a huge factor in the short run.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com