Sunday, November 18, 2007

Devo's Back

But I Still Want to be a Hippie... Today I put in the best session I have had since July, and the best in terms of big bets I think I may have ever had... but it's close. I got em for $2183 playing 15-30 and $152 playing one 10-20 game and 3 5-10 games online, so somewhere in the neighborhood of the low 80 big bets. I got two pieces of advice from good buddies of mine and inplemented half of each of em. Tonight was the first time I've actually wanted to be sitting at a poker table for a long time.

Money hater of the night award goes to a player that played every street post flop as bad as possible. The great part about how badly he played it was based on how he played it I would have mucked the river for one bet, but instead he gave me a free showdown and a several hundred dollar pot. He was in the small blind, I was in the big blind with 8 8 , and we saw a flop six ways. It came J 4 8 . He checked, I bet, two players called, he check-raised, I three bet, randoms folded, and he four bet. I called. Turn QQ , he bet, I raised, he three-bet, and I called. River Tx, he checked, I gladly took the free showdown and beat his QJo. Thaaaaanks.

I was really proud of both my sessions today though. Online I got stuck $500 within 15 minutes in juiceball games. I got pissed, said screw this I'm booking a winner, and quit an hour later up $152. Then in the 15-30 game I got stuck a rack again in the first ten minutes, and within 20 minutes I was back to even. I was proud that even in the midst of a 3 month losing streak and a losing month I was able to find the drive and determination to battle back in good games and book winnners.


Friday I took my 97 F-150 into the Ford dealership to see about a check-engine light that wasn't affecting performance, a cruise control issue, a flashing O/D light, and to have my oil changed. I signed off on the diagnostics charge, went home, and was called with an estimate at 3:30pm. They wanted $1300 for the diag, oil change, plugs, wires, and a "servo" on the speedo cable. For the record, a new speedo cable itself is not an expensive operation... maybe a couple hundo or so. $500 for the speedo servo, $700 for plugs and wires, and the change for the rest. I literally laughed out loud and said, nooooooooooooooo. Spark plugs go for 0.99 each on sale!!! I say I'm gonna pick it up in about an hour.

I show up in an hour, ask for my truck, and the receipt isn't printed. Long story short, 25 minutes later I'm asking the cashier "What's taking so long?!?" She says, well, the first mechanic has to take it off the rack and do a write up on it, then it goes to a supervisior who does a write up and then passes it onto the service manager who has to do a write up, and then he sends it here where we settle up, then you'll have to take your receipt to valet and they'll get your car for you.

You have got to be kidding me.

Ten minutes later I get my recipt printed up and they overcharged me by over a hundred bucks. I said this is wrong, she "checked" on it, three minutes later said, "Oh, you're right. Take this to the manager and he'll take care of you."

I patiently waited outside the manager's office for five minutes, the other customer walked out, he followed her, looked me dead in the eye and said, "What's up?" And then proceeded to walk out the door. I'm like, "Sir! Excuse me! Wait!" He kept walking. I lost it.

Anyways, I'm not going back there anytime soon.

yep. 4:30 am and I'm tired, so cheers.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com