Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday Evening Ramblings

Remember the Arizona. I suppose that tonight I once again sucked at winning while ahead I can scribble down a blog while I sit on my last table going.

Today is Pearl Harbor day. I have been criticized before for "not supporting the troops," but that is so far from the truth. Simply because I often don't agree with the political decisions involving the general running of this country, including most of our recent wars, does not mean that I do not support our troops. The brave young men and women of our armed services give us in this great counrty the freedoms that we still do have.

I have always been a closet WWII history buff, and every year on this day I remember what my grandfather did for my life here right now in the Pacific Theatre. I take a moment and appreciate what so many of the fathers that came before that fought for their country and it's future. I hope you take a moment as well.

Chip Reese died this week. The mood around town has been pretty solemn in the poker community. I did not know chip very well at all. I played with him once and had a drink with him once at Light, but he was somebody that had my respect, as well as the respect of many others in the poker community. RIP Chip.


My truck's registration has been expired for quite some time now. The Ford dealership was supposed to fix everything but they tried to rape me like bubba in Alcatraz. Then Thanksgiving happened, and I finally got it to another shop. So the little stupid speedometer servo gear that is causing all these problems? Ford don't sell em. They only sell the entire output shaft that is about five times more expensive all the ways around (labor too...). So, the guy at my shop found a used one, and that lasted... twelve miles. I'm like WTF, I just shipped you $1600 cash to do a bunch of shit but most importantly this little detail SO I CAN PASS SMOG AND REGISTER MY DAMN TRUCK?!? He then explains about the used piece, etc (information that would have been useful to me before) and tells me that it won't affect smog and as soon as we find a new part he'll re-install for free. K, cool.

Weekend happens, I go to smog truck, fail. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?OJERIOAFJEOIJAFIOEJAWFOIJEPAFOIAEWJ.

One of the mechanics left a hose off. OMG are you kidding me. "Here's a free oil change for your trouble." What about the smog check that I just had to pay for?

I just shoved all-in with T6s over 5 limpers. I win.

So, hose back on, computer cleared, back to the smog guy.

"Have you driven thirty miles yet?"

"No."

"You have to because the computer has to run tests on itself before it passes smog otherwise you automatically fail so you have to drive so the computer can test itself."

Sigh............................................................................................................

Today I wake up, Jared needs to go to Boulder City, and I'm like, "Can I drive?"

He's in an excellent mood because he has to pay a ticket that he got on the Piece of Ship trailer for the taillights not working and lack of a license plate (both guilty). We get to the courthouse, and it's closed. LOL. We try the police station, Jared just want's to pay the thing and get out of Dodge, and a police officer overhears and decides to help.

"Is the trailer here? I can sign off on it if so." Obviously we're never fixing anything on the Piece of Ship so obviously the trailer's not here.

"OK... lemme see the ticket. Ummm... wow. You had a court date for this. You missed it."

"WTF?!?"

"Yeah, hold on. Lemme go see if you have a warrant."

*wtf...........*

"Don't worry. I'm not going to hook you up if you do."

Guy was actually really cool. I kinda wanted Jared to get arrested cause then I could make fun of him for life for walking into a police station with a warrant for his arrest for not having taillights on a trailer for the biggest piece of crap boat in southern Nevada and getting arrested. Seriously that would have to trump me sucking off his fingers cause you know I'd be shooting pictures with my camera phone.

So I suck at dodging three outers on the river and am busto yet again.

"I love you for who you are." The greatest words I have ever heard in my life.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com