Friday, June 15, 2007

WSOPoker Day 13, 14, 15, and 16 - Event #25 $2000 NLHE

Ahh, Vacation I returned to Las Vegas this morning from a three day, two night vacation to play the $2k NLHE event, and within two hours I was promptly returned to my vacation. LOL. I won the first hand of the day, opening to 125, getting called by the big blind, and taking down the pot on the flop.

Devo's stack: 4150.

High point of the day. I would lose 40% of said stack with KK vs. an opponent who I'm confident held JT. The action went like this:

He open-limped in mid position, I raised to 200, both blinds folded and he called. Flop J9x, he checked, I bet 275, he called. Turn T - I could tell he hit that card. He bet 700 into me. Hmm, 1725 in the pot, 700 to call, I have 12 outs (2 K, 4 Q, 3 9, 3 x's), I will definately get another bet out of him with half of those outs, plus perhaps I'm not spot on with my read. I called. River T, I could tell he liked that card, he bet 1500, and after much attempted speeching I finally folded.

Devo's stack: 2400.

I bled down to 2000 into the 50-100 level, called a raise in position with Q T for 300, got called by the one player behind, and both blinds called. Flop K 8 9 , check around. Turn a blank, check around. River 7 , check, check, I decide to buy this pot for sale and bet 700, get called by the player behind me who held JxJ . Boy - I sure didn't put him on that hand. Oops.

Now Devo's ancy. A player opens for 300, his standard "I don't have a very good hand" opening raise, I decide to stick my last 1k in the middle with 22 (I know... but I felt like I might have had at least a little fold equity), he calls with 55, flop TT2, turn T, and gg Devo.

Tomorrow is one of those monster fields $1500 NLHE events. I hope to not go bust after 13 hours without cashing like I did in the last one of these.

So vacation. Greatest thing ever. I spontaneously drove down to Laughlin with Lara and we spent 40 hours simply relaxing. I stuck one $20 bill into a machine while I was waiting outside the restroom. We went to the movies twice, got hour long massages, hung out at the pool, ate out several times, and simply relaxed. It was so refreshing and I believe is going to help me tons down the stretch here in the Series. It was the first time in my life that I have ever come back from a vacation not feeling like I need to go on vacation to recover from my previous vacation.

Hasta manana.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com