Monday, June 25, 2007

WSOPoker Day 25, Event #40, $1500 Mixed HE

And a WTF?!? by Harrah's I was super excited for this event. I got there at 4:45 to register and the lines were long. I didn't get to take my seat in the hot, scary ass (wind) pavilion until 5:10. I first saw Shannon Elizabeth at my table, and we had a good laugh about how we're dead money blah blah blah. Then as I was sitting down I noticed James Van Alstyne to my immediate right. "Hi James!" We caught up a little. Then I noticed Eric Froelich to his immediate right. Nice table draw. NOT. I counted my chips, 2975, as I had just missed my big blind and was currently being dealt into my small blind. That was the most chips I would ever see. We saw a free flop, I held the Q7, it came Queen high, I bet, got popped, and I folded. Next hand I saw a flop with the A4, and I lost that hand too. Next hand James opened to 75, I made it 250 in the cutoff with AJ, and he called after some thought. The flop came AKx all rainbow. He checked, I bet 350, he made it 1k, and I insta-called. I made a mistake here by not being aware of his stack. This c/r left him with 850. I should have either moved him in or mucked it IMHO, probably mucking. Anyways, the turn was a T, and James checked. Weird. I'll take the freebie to the nuts. River a 9, and he put the rest of his chips in. I can't beat anything at this point except Ax or a bluff, and decided to throw the hand away. Always feels good playing a hand bad pre-flop, on the flop, and on the turn. At least did something right on one street! LOL. I then managed to never get my stack back above 2k and was busto 15 minutes before the first break.

From there I met Kenna, Lupo, Lara, Angie, and Joy at "Money Plays" to play some more shuffleboard and other shenanigans. Towards the end of the night my friend Thomas wandered in by himself. He has been a dealer at the Wynn for as long as I can remember, and has been working the WSOP full time this summer to raise some additional money for his wife and child. Thomas has always been a fantastic dealer, and is THE best dealer that I have had this year at the series. He's dealt to me two downs and the table was always impressed.

So last night he says to me, "I just got fired." The reason: He couldn't work overtime. His shift had just ended and the D/C asked him to stay on longer and work overtime. He said he can't becuase he works at the Wynn in 90 minutes and wants to get some food. They then say, "You're fired." He said that they have been needing a ton of dealers to work doubles because many dealers have been calling in for whatever reason. He was upset because he himself could have called in and not been fired, but since he wouldn't work overtime he got fired. This was about an hour before he had to be at the Wynn to deal all night.

I'm not sure what to say about that. I specifically asked him what the rest of the story is, because that just sounds too out there to be all the truth. I asked him if there was any history between him and the D/C, etc, etc... He said that the only thing was that he called in one time himself.

Today is cash games day, tomorrow is the $2k LHE, and wed is the $2k O8. Wheeee!

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com