Thursday, June 21, 2007

WSOPoker Day 22 - Event #34 $3k LHE, My end of day 2.

falojopeijnaefoankmdoaifjaopfmeaokfnaofmnasodkfmaoe What a day.

I learned something in the first twenty seconds I was awake today. When you set your alarm clock, make sure that you set it for the correct half of the day. For example, if you set your alarm for 2:30 for a tournament that starts at 4pm, make sure that you set the alarm for 230pm, not am. I realized this at 4:09 pm as my already short stack was probably being blinded off. AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH!

On the way in I decided that this was a good thing. I was missing all the hands that were supposed to bust me. I arrived in my chair at 4:38pm, good for the fastest time ever completing the following tasks:

1) Wake up, realize you're an idiot.
2) Put on clothes, unsure if they're clean or not.
3) Uninate.
4) Find all things that belong in pockets.
5) Get in car, drive 20 miles to strip, make it through traffic due to accident, traffic due to too many people on the freeway, and traffic due to too many people on the streets.
6) Run across Rio parking lot and break massive sweat.
7) Run down unnecessairly long hallways to WSOP room.
8) Sit in seat and make fun of self.

I folded several hands, and then played my BB, winning it on the turn. My 10,700 had dwindled to 8300 upon arrival, and now I was back to 11k. OK.

Then, Crazy Mike and I flipped some coins. I won both. Devo = +$100 net.

Then, I doubled with AA vs. Richard Brodie's KK. 26k.

Then, I busted a guy when I flopped a set. 35k.

Then, I won some small pots. 40k.

Then, Crazy Mike and I flipped some more coins. I won both. Devo = +$300.

Then, I flopped the nuts with A 3 on a 2 4 6 flop in a battle of the blinds against Brodie once again. We capped the flop and he called me down. 55k.

I went into the first break with 52,500, good for 5th in chips, 63 players remaining.

Last week I went into the 1500-3000 level in the 5k LHE event fourth in chips, 60 remaining. I took 40th that day.

Today I took 42nd.

How in the hell do the wheels on the bus fall off that badly twice in ten days?

Nothing I could have done either.

The two hands that irked me the most were these:

Folded to me in the SB, I raise Brodie's BB, he calls. I have 8 5 . Flop 9 5 2 . Bet, call. Turn 8 . Bet, call. River 7 . Check, check. I table my cards. "Oh, you have two pair? Wow. Nice hand. . . . . Oh.... I'm not trying to slowroll you, but I have a straight." He tables 5 6 . I know he wasn't trying to slowroll me obviously... he would've bet the river. But I still wanted to puke.

Very next hand I get AA on the button, I'm visibly upset from the previous hand, everybody folds, I raise, and the blinds fold.

Poker's so stupid.

Those were the last chips I was awarded in event 34. :Sigh:. Ship the $200 last longer to Crazy Mike, and I profit $200 in prop-betting for the tourney (I won another $100 in flips shortly before I busted).

In other news, I may be looking for a backer for the rest of the series. If you're interested, please let me know.

Tomorrow is the $2k PLHE at noon. I [heart] pot-limit.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com