Thursday, June 21, 2007

WSOPoker Day 19, 20, & 21 - Event #34, $3k LHE - End of Day One

nother Day Two... ... have made I.

Other than that, meh. 10,700 in chips, 16k is the average, coming back tomorrow at the 8-16 level, and pretty much, I'm gonna have to get some hands. Unfortunately I will be unable to play the kind of LHE that I like to play, but such is the structure of limit tournaments that Harrah's has devised.

Lemme go on a rant about that for a moment. In all the limit events the blinds are starting at 25-50, and then 50-75 for level two. NL events go 25-50 then 50-100. If you know anything about poker, this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Furthermore, playing 50-100 with a 6k or 10k stack really doesn't matter at all. Why not start at 50-100 and add in the key levels that they take out down the road like 500-1000, 1200-2400, 2500-5000, 5k-10k, etc, etc. These structures are really retarded because we have a ton of play that doesn't matter at all in limit in the beginning and then zero play when the play actually matters.

OK. Rant over.

Fun things today: I found myself sitting with "CrazyMike", AKA MrGatorade on 2+2. Guy's hilarious, but annoyed plenty of people. Course, I'm nuts too, and thought it was great.

We made plenty of prop best throughout the night.

Coinflips for $100:

Round 1: Devo
2: Mike
3: Devo
4: Devo
5: Mike
6: Mike
7: Mike
8: Devo
9: Mike
10: Mike
11: Mike

Mike = +$300

Over/Under on runners after day one: I set line at 100, he took under, Devo wins $100.

Mike = +$200

Devo proposes that he can ride a wheelchair in a full wheelie across the entire pavilion without coming out of wheelie position once without practice. I had to wear a helmet. Devo wins $100.

Mike =+$100

Outstanding bet: Devo/Mike $200 last-longer. I've got him edged in chips going into tomorrow, so...... it still doesn't matter. It's an effing crapshoot anyways.

In other news, I've taken up wakeboarding. I went out on the lake Tuesday and got up on a wakeboard for my 4th and 5th times of my life... and took the worst wipeout of my wakeboarding career. With the board perpendicular to the boat (oops) I was still holding onto the rope as I caught my front edge on the water. For those of you playing at home, my feet completely stopped while the rest of my body continued at 30 mph as I landed flat on the water. Ouch.

I'm getting old. My body still hurts after 24 hours.

Anyways, here's to running good tomorrow.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com