Sunday, June 24, 2007

WSOPoker Day 23, 24, Event 37 $2k PLHE & 38 $1500 NLHE

Spinning the tires in the mud I never had a chance in the tournaments and there really isn't anything I could have done with either of them.

The $2k PLHE started off with me being very active and actually getting some very good hands, but this got players to call me down with marginal holdings and then caught on me every one of em. I was busto by the first break. I then went to play some cash at the Bellagio and ended up winning $1100 playing 10-20 NL. From there Jason, Jen, Lara, and myself went to this mediterranean joint to have dinner and smoke some hookah, and that degenerated to shuffleboard and pool at the bar, then everybody left and I found myself drinking a beer with Maria Ho, Nick Shulman, Joe Cassidy, Jen Harmon, and several other people at the Bellagio sports book bar. Maria and I headed to the Rio to buy in for the 1500 event, and I needed to spend some time to sober up, so we did that by playing 50-100 Stud 8/Omaha 8. Maria and I lost $1100 each.

I made it in time to get the cards in the air for the $1500 event, and pretty much the same thing happened. At one point somebody asked me, "Why do you bluff so much?!?" I then explained to them that "It's not my fault I never get any good hands. I have to be creative to win my chips!" I had the greatest image ever, but they broke the game before I could actually make a hand. From there I busted two short stacks in the 100-200 level, lost a pot, and pushed over a bettor with QJ on a JTx flop, got called by the bettor with KQ, and gg me.

I then left there to play some cash at the Wynn. I played 5-10 NL, flopped quads twice, had action on the flop and turn both times, and still ended up losing $275 without ever playing a big pot. I then left to meet Kenna for some shuffleboard, met some buddies in from LA, then headed to Capo's for some grub. We were joined by Lara, Dutch, and Lupo for dinner. Had great times, headed home, and then me and my LA buddies went out on the lake for a while. Woke up today, bout to eat, and playing the $1500 Mixed Hold'em event at 5pm.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com