Friday, March 28, 2008

WPT Reno End of Days Two and Three

:-) This sure has been fun.

This is all going to explode into some sweet blog someday.

But probably not right now. But who knows. I'm sitting here listening to my friend Ryan Ahern play the piano through my Bose sound dock.

See? I'm practicing talking about sponsors.

So, tomorrow I'm gonna get paid a minimum or $10k for wearing a fucking logo.

I gave up on being famous like six months ago. And y'all bitched to me about depressing blogs and what not... but damnit, I was a selfish cocky asshole about twelve months ago.

I'm glad it's taken this long.

Not that one TV table is going to qualify me as "famous" or anything, and really far from it. But this is the break that I have been waiting so long to catch. 2nd in employees event? Nice, but, obv meh. 2nd in O8? Sweet, you know how to play games other than unlimited hold'em, but nobody cares. All of my 2007 WSOP TV time is me being pissed after being two outed in Omaha 8 . Sorry for being mildly annoyed.

Thank God for that eight ball.

Y'all know it better than most how horribly I have been running Aug07-Mar08 minus one week in February, but today I felt like things were finally turning around.

If you haven't read the hand, here's the cliff notes. I open btn with T T , SB w/170k flats, BB w/100k flats. Flop T97 rainbow, 50k in pot, SB bets 15k, BB's turn. My immediate read? He's gonna ship and be really embarassed. Now I need to figure out how to get the SB's piece of crap into the pot also.

BB says, "I'm all-"
Devo says, "I'm all in."
BB finishes, "In?"

I want to look like one pair.

BB thinks for about twelve seconds before he shrugs his shoulders and says, "OK I call."

SB: 67o, bout 14% equity
BB: 55, bout, mmm... 0.1% equity.

Turn eight ball.

Fuck me. I mean seriously. How can this shit happen every freaking time? I seriously quit poker on that spot.

"And the river is... AN EIGHT! DEVO MAKES THE FULL HOUSE TO WIN THE HUGE POT, ELIMINATING DONK AND FISH IN 18th and 17th PLACE!"

Thank you. One time. Seriously. One time don't tack my balls to the wall with lag bolts. And this one time came, propelled me into the chip lead that I carried until we were eight handed, where I lost it getting 3 outed by my friend Jason Potter (although I did pay off turn and river after he made aces up... coulda folded river, but whatevs... cost me 420k) and losing a race do David Pham. Worst beat of that is now Full Tilt has to take the dragon, where they were going to take Lee and I otherwise. I'm going to sign with either the dog or stars in the morning. My friend and aparently new agent is flying up in the morning.

And seriously holy fuck. What a trip this is and I'm loving every moment of it. I feel so blessed to be in this spot, and I hope that the things I have learned over the past couple of years here will pay off, not just on the poker table, but in who I am. Millions of people are going to see me, and I hope that I will be seen as the kind, goofy, good ol' boy that I am rather than the arrogant prick that I used to be.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com