Sunday, August 12, 2007

Man, am I discouraged.

Just getting tortured. In another one of those funks. I've officially posted a new longest streak w/o cashing in a tournament at 20 live ones since my wsop cash. I'm catching up with that number online, just getting tortured in every single way. I'm seriously something in the neighborhood of 15% on races and 40% on 3-1's. I haven't won a single 1-3 dog. It's been a rough week as far as poker goes, that's for sure. Usually I'd be fixin to get the hell out of dodge by now as I can only take LA in short spurts, but I'm actually really enjoying my trip.

Oops. Just busted out of another online tourney. 11 outer all in on flop three ways.

But, yeah. Poker's killing me. Yesterday I played a hand with Mike (O'Malley I believe) in a 10-20 NL cash game where he check-called the flop and turn against me with Q9o on an A K J , 8 board. Of course, this time I was bluffing, but it's the first time I've ever bluffed on a board like that. WTF. I knew he had QT at best too, but after he called the turn (big bets here too... I raised pf, bet flop, bet turn in a straddled pot) I gave up and decided my read was off. Nope. Pair of queens good.

Okay. Rant over. I hate poker. Now it's over.

I've spent a lot of time on this trip hanging out with people that have always been good friends of mine, but now they're way gooder friends of mine. I love people, and I love spending quality time with quality people in this poker world. Somehow if I get a hold of a car and a sofa to crash on I may stick around, but I'm running out of cash rapidly (obv) and need to get some more in Vegas. I'm stuck somewhere in the neighborhood of $6k live and $4k online. Gross.

Not really sure what I should do. I probably should drop back down to 40 and book some winners and work on my menta state. I think something's broken with my reads as they've been off way more than they should have been lately.

Oops. Just decided to play a hand. Made the 2nd nuts on turn, same on river, no good.

Maybe I'll just take some time off and go surfing.

Peace and more better luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com