Monday, August 13, 2007

Back to the Practice Field...

Man, these guys suck at poker So after getting owned all day online yesterday, Travis and I drove back to Vegas nast night after he took 8th in the Sunday million. Today I woke up, had breakfast/lunch/whatever you call first meal at 2pm at the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood. I felt like I earned five metrosexual points with my meal consisting of a caesar salad and water with lemon.

After that I headed across the street to the Bellagio, AKA the practice field. The plan: play some 30-60 limit whiffle-ball and get a little bit of confidence back while hopefully trying to make some monies.

I sit down at a table with only one person that I recognize and immediately witness these two hands.

First one: final board reads 567J9r. Dude bets, woman calls, dude turns over K9, woman looks intently at the hand, then tables T8 and says, "I have the nuts."

I LOLed.

Next hand: Flop Q33 7 ways with a raise. Same guy donks into the next woman to his left who was the pfr. She calls as does one other player. Turn A, guy bets, woman raises, guy 3 bets, she calls. River x, bet/call. She says, "A3?" He says, "No, do you have A3?" as he tables 43o. She says, ahhhhh... and tables QQ.

This time I really laughed out loud. Man, those girls play like girls!

I ran pretty bad, but still managed to win a monster pot when they (KK and QQ) let my 88 in cheap and I proceeded to flop a set and then they went ape shit on the flop and turn because they played so sneakily pre-flop.

Note: KK and QQ are only one pair! Never slow-play em pre-flop (or anytime for that matter...)

Today was really good for me though because I realized that no matter what happens with my adventure to make it to the top top levels and stay there full time, I will always be able to make 150k/year at 30-60, cause the games are just that good.

So, it feels good to be back in the land of Vegas, and I'm ready to get onto the lake!

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com