Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Dodgeball: In Schools? No. At Church? Yes!



I recently stumbled across this article about a dodgeball lawsuit. Yes, I am serious. Apparently dodgeball is "unfair, exclusionary, and warlike for school-age youngsters" and has already been banned at "some schools in Maine, Maryland, New York, Virginia, Texas, Massachusetts and Utah." Even the Texans are anti-dodgeball. Hmmph. Lets look further.

This cracks me up. I did a google search for "Youth Group Dodgeball" and this was my first hit. The high school youth group webpage at the church I used to work at. They're starting a dodgeball league and apparently the students are very excited about this.

Shay's area churches are also starting a dodgeball league within youth groups.

Last time I checked youth groups did not encourage "unfair, exclusionary, and warlike" behaviors in their students. However this seems to be the judgment of many wise school district officials.

Who's in the wrong? Anybody else besides me find this trend amusing, schools going one way and youth groups going the opposite in regards to the same activity? What do you think?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com