Tuesday, April 17, 2007

This Is How Bad I Run

Frustrated. Today was a windy day on the lake. No problem. It was just Danny, Jared, and myself, and we posted up in Hot Coal Cove which is pretty dang sheltered from the wind. We pulled out the chairs, sat on top of one of the jump rocks, and simply chilled, drinking beer, and watching the sunset. The wind was blowing off the lake out of the West, and that was the direction we were facing. A few times one of us would get up and our chair would blow over from the wind to the East, away from the lake. My chair had not fallen over because I had not gotten up. Ever. The one time I decide to stand up, a freak wind blows out of the east, knocking my chair over to the west and directly into the lake. DAMNIT. I empty my pockets, take off my hat and glasses, jump in the lake, and retreive my soaking wet chair. I get back to the top of the rock with my chair dripping water and look for my cell phone because I was expecting two phone calls from beautiful women who wanted to join us on the lake (yes, you Emma...). Phone is not there. Jared and Danny swear that they do not have my phone, and quite frankly I do not beleive them. I remember taking my phone out of my pocket and putting it on the rock.

I was wrong.

Jared points down at the water below and we can see my cell phone on the bottom of the lake about 10 feet below water.

Arrrg. At this point we were down to three beers total, hungry, but really wanted to keep staying out there. The girls were our ticket to those things including the bonus of great company. Instead I am left with a cell phone dripping water.

Anyways, if you want to get a hold of me, the electronic method is going to be the best way for a brief while. Myspace, e-mail, here... BTW... send me your phone number if you do cause I don't have it any more!

AYA.

Wednesday, 18th of April 2007 01:24 PM

So this morning I woke up and said to myself, "I'll give the phone one more shot. Whaddya know, it actually works perfect! I must go to work immediately now!


In poker news, I've lost the last two sessions I've played in typical run bad fashion. Really don't want to talk about it. My favorite was when I got all-in with K Q on a J T 9 board, and it went K Q runner runner. J 5 beats me.

Virginia Tech. Now thats some bull shit. I run bad, but that's really running bad. My heart goes out to those kids. Why do some people have to suck so bad?!?

Politically, it's driving me nuts that this is being turned into a renewal of the push for banning guns. Now, seriously. Is banning guns going to keep guns out of lawbreakers? Mass murders? No. Period. It will take the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. It makes no sense. If somebody that messed up is going to do something that messed up, a gun ban law is not going to keep them from getting their hands on a gun. What needs to happen is that our cultural mentality needs to change and it needs to be okay for people to defend themselves. If even ten percent of those students were armed themselves things would have turned out a lot differently. I would rather be tried by twelve than carried by six, and I would rather be armed and not need it than need it and not have it.

Peace and good luck,

Devo

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com