Sunday, September 24, 2006

Poker and the Anticlimatic Heads-Up Death Match

Yay! I didn't get crushed!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hit the poker tables decently in the past couple of days. On Friday I played a good session of 30-60 at the Wynn. I was up for most of the session, lost a bunch at the end, and ended up winning $171. However, I promptly lost $160 online when I got home.

Today, Saturday, was a fabulious day. It was game day! USC at Arizona today. They won 20-3 which is great, but aparrantly Pete Carroll was not aware of the spread and was pretty passive. So I lost my huge $55 bet on that game. After we watched the game we headed to Buffalo Wild Wings (B Dubs) to watch the rest of the Ultimate Fight this evening. Good times. And from there we headed into the Wynn for some more poker.

When I got there there was no 30-60 game, so I was on the list for that game and the 15-30 game. I sat in the 10-20 with a 1/2 kill Omaha8 game and promptly lost $100 playing hardly any hands until I heard a bad player two seats to my right talking about how there was no 30 game on the phone. I asked him if he wanted to play heads up, he said yes, and we started a game.

Long story short. The game lasted somewhere between ten and fifteen minutes. About eight minutes into the game Kenny, another local pro, sat in the game. When I returned from the restroom the guy was gone, Kenny was up $600, and I was up $1200. Wow. I hit some hands, but the guy just played really bad. So, since Kenny and I did not feel like playing heads up we started a $10/point game of Chinese. That turned into a 4 hour endeavor of goofy Chinese poker professional gamblers gambling game. We had a blast, and when all was said and done I ended the night up $891.

As a fun side note, I put my name on the $4000-$8000 list. For some strange reason the game never started because it was a few dealers and floor people who thought it would be fun to have that game up on the list. But, I did officially have my name on a $4k-$8k list!

Lastly, quote of the day. Jared won this one with, "There's a mouse loose in the house!" While preparing to feed the snake, Jared grabbed the mouse by the tail and looked it at. Then Zena, our pet Chihuahua walked up to us and wondered what we were up to. Jared decided to give the mouse to the dog. They looked at eacher for a few moments, then the mouse took off in a flash with the dog behind it, and the mouse vanished under the couch.

We shortly thereafter caught the mouse and fed it to the snake. Happy ending.

Peace and good luck!

Devo

maverickusc@gmail.com

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com